Minutes 13 September 2010

 

 
 Monkton Parish Council
 
Minutes of the meeting held on 13 September 2010 at 6.30pm at Monkton Village Hall.
 
 
Present:         Councillor N Cole (Chairman); Councillors Mrs P Butler, R Wade and J Way.
 
Clerk:              Mrs G Anzani
                                               
Members        8
of the public:
 
27/10-11          ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN FOR REMAINDER OF THE YEAR 2010/11
 
Roy Wade in the Chair. Nick Cole was nominated and seconded, and there being no other nominees, was duly elected.
 
28/10-11          ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRMAN
 
Nick Cole in the Chair. John Way was nominated and seconded, and there
                        being no other nominees, was duly elected.
 
29/10-11          REPORT OF A CASUAL VACANCY BY THE CLERK
 
                        Resulting from the sad death of the Chairman, the Clerk formally reported that
                        a casual vacancy has arisen in the Office of Councillor for Monkton Parish                         Council.
                        A Notice of Vacancy has been posted in the Village. If by 30th September
                        2010, a request for an election to fill the vacancy is made in writing to TDC by
                        ten electors, an election will be held to fill the vacancy. Otherwise the
                        vacancy will be filled by co-option.
 
 
30/10-11          APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
 
                        None.
 
 31/10-11         DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
 
                        To register any new interests, or deregistration, by Members.
 
 
 
SIGNED         …………………………….       Dated       Monday 15 November 2010
 
32/10-11          MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
 
                        To approve the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 19 July 2010.
 
33/10-11          ANNOUNCEMENTS
 
None.
 
34/10-11          REPORT OF THE CLERK
 
None.         
 
35/10-11          ROBIN HILLS CHAIRMAN STANDARDS COMMITTTEE (SC) AT TDC
 
                        Robin Hills gave a report to Members:
 
                        He reminded all that in his role as Chairman he has no political affiliation. He                     explained that all elected Councillor’s sign the Code of Conduct and training
                        is given. Some attributes that Councillor’s need to exercise includes:
                        selflessness, accountability and leadership.
 
                        If a complaint is made against a Councillor, the SC will decide whether the
                        complaint is justified. Recent records show 47 cases in Thanet and 22- NFA. 
                        Complaints/Hearings can be viewed on TDC website.
 
                        SC for England have the power to suspend for 12 months. However SC
                        prefer the pro-active approach. All Cllr’s should act in a civil manner and high
                        ethical standards are encouraged along with openness and transparency.
 
                        Questions were then put to the floor.
 
36/10-11          MONKTON RECREATION GROUND
 
(i) Clerk, John Way and Nick Cole reported on their meeting with TDC about the Recreation Ground.   TDC are requesting rent to be paid on the Grounds. MPC have agreed with them that the best way forward to cover the rental would be to utilise the Pavilion and Grounds in a way that could raise revenue to pay the rent. The lease is currently restrictive and MPC have sent a letter to amend the lease and await to hear from TDC.
 
With regards to the rent, MPC would like to pay rent from 2011/12 and start with a ‘clean slate’. Matters should be moved forward positively and revenue now needs to be raised.
 
(ii) Agreed to amend the lease with TDC so that the Council would have more freedom to allow public events with the intention of raising revenue inorder to cover the rent for the Grounds.
 
(iii) Other ways to utilise the Grounds were discussed. Boot Fairs/ Fetes were mentioned.
 
 
 
SIGNED         …………………………….       Dated       Monday 15 November 2010
                         (iv) It was agreed there should be a rent review every 5 years and a capping                    system to prevent excessive increases. (Capping related to inflation- same               level as precept funding).
 
                        (v) It was agreed that endeavours should be made to extend the lease with
                        TDC as long as possible.
 
                        (vi) Agreed to meet with MYFC. John Way suggested a possible Co-                                 operative Committee working with MYFC. There were alot of views from
                        Villagers at the last meeting and it is hoped more people will get involved as
                        facilities at the Grounds are for the whole village to use.     
 
37/10-11          FINANCIAL MATTERS
 
a) Payments and receipts as listed were noted and agreed.
                        b) It was agreed to pay £100 to petty cash.
                        c) It was decided to donate £200 towards Monkton Village Ping Pong Club. 
                        Cllr’s Mike Roberts and Nick Cole offered to donate the rest of the funds                             towards purchasing a new table.
                        d) Successful completion of the external audit was noted.
                        Also, it was noted that the public notice was taken down 18 July 2010.
 
38/10-11        COMMITTEE REPRESENTATIVE’S REPORTS
 
a) Roy was nominated to be the new Regeneration Representative. This was seconded.
b) John was nominated to be the new Speedwatch Representative. This was seconded.
c) Reports were received on the following:
 
Highways: Nothing to report.
 
KIACC: Nick Cole reported there will be a public meeting on Friday 17th September 2010 at 6.30pm at the Airport.  
There is a new complaints procedure on the website. 
Nick managed to find an old reference in the minutes relating to S.106 agreement that apparently did not exist.
                                                                                                          
KALC (TAPC):   There will be an address on cuts by Cllr Bayford. John Warren is the new Chairman.
 
Monkton Primary School: The final situation for the intake of 2010/11 was that 14 siblings received an automatic place. This meant that only 1 local child who lives in Monkton got a place. 7 local children would not be attending their local school. Roy Wade to send letter to KCC/School expressing disappointment.
 
MYFC: Nothing to report.
                   
Parish Council Forum: Next meeting on 21 September.
 
 
 
SIGNED ………………………..        Dated       Monday 15 November 2010
Parks and Environment: Nothing to report.
 
Regeneration: Nothing to report. 
 
Speedwatch: Reported that cars have been slowing down when driving through the village. It is thought that cars are slowing down due to the presence of Speedwatch.
 
Village Hall Committee: Pete Mitchell was invited to speak. He reported that the new heating system had been put in the Village Hall at a cost of £4200.
 
    39/10-11    PLANNING
           
            F/TH/10/0498 71-73 Monkton St
            Application for extension of time planning permission F/TH/04/1646 Erection
            of 10 No. houses with associated access and car parking. Current.
 
            Cllr Roberts was invited to speak. He confirmed that the Members did not
            object to the above application so long as the it included road widening.     Downfast had previously agreed to increase the width of the road which          meant the White Stag could go ahead with their application. Cllr Roberts
            will support MPC on this matter.
 
            F/TH/10/0362 Land adj. to Parsonage Oast, Collards Close –Granted.
            Peter Gausden was invited to speak and he thanked the PC for their           understanding and support. He also thanked Cllr Mike Roberts.
 
            Cllr Mrs P Butler explained to Cllr Roberts we have not received any funding
            from S.106 Green House Agreement.
 
            Pete Mtichell was invited to speak. He said that the Oak Village Sign needed
            treating with wood preserve. It should be done every 3 years. 
            Nick proposed the work get done and this was agreed by all members. Clerk
            to organise Jakeman to do the work.
 
            Also the 10mph speed limit has worn off the road approaching the Recreation
            Ground. Clerk to organise it is repainted.
 
40/10-11        DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
 
Monday 15 November 2010 at 6.30pm, Monkton Village Hall.
 
 
The meeting closed at 7.51 pm
 
 
END
 
 
 
 

Signed as a true record ………………     Dated   Monday 15 November 2010