Agenda 17 January 2011

 

Date: 11 January 2010
 
To: The Members of Monkton Parish Council                                                      
 
You are hereby summond to attend the meeting of Monkton Parish Council to be held at Monkton Village Hall, on Monday 17 January 2011 at 6.30pm for the purpose of transacting the business mentioned below.
 
Signed: Gina Anzani Clerk
  
 
AGENDA
 
At the end of the meeting, the Chairman will receive any representations from members of the public.
 
Item                                                     Subject
No
 
 
1          APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
 
2          DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
 
            To register any new interests, or deregistration, by Members.
 
3          MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
 
            To approve the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 15 November 2010.
 
4          ANNOUNCEMENTS
 
            To receive any announcements from the Chairman.
 
5          REPORT OF THE CLERK        
 
           The Clerk to report upon any other matters that may have arisen since the despatch of the
           agenda.
 
6          ACTION POINTS FROM PREVIOUS MEETINGS Appendix A
 
            Members should note points attached and appointed person to follow up unresolved issues.
 
7          TO DISCUSS SNOW SAFETY ISSUES Appendix B
 
            Members should note Clerk’s attached report and discuss.
                       
 
 
 
8          COMMUNITY GRANT
                                                                                   
            (a) There is £5000 Highway’s Community grant available. Members to decide where this should be best placed.
 
            (b) Roy informed the Clerk that Cllr Charles Hibberd wishes to know where the £1000 Community Grant    should be best placed. 
            John suggests: (a) MYFC could benefit from the funds, (b) Council purchase cameras for trouble spots in the             village and then hire out for use in other villages. Members to discuss.
 
9          MONKTON RECREATION GROUND
 
            Members to agree that rent on the Grounds should be paid. 
            The Council signed a lease in 2002 agreeing to pay rent to TDC after a period of 5 years. TDC should     have offered a rent review in 2007, as agreed in the lease, but failed to do this. Also, when the lease was        signed it was thought to be understood by the Council that TDC would waiver the rent. However, since 2007             TDC have sent rental demands for a yearly payment of £1500. Mark Seed waivered the rent in 2007/08 and    since that time the Council has persistently approached TDC to have the rent reviewed /waivered. Rent has not been paid on the Grounds for approximately 20 years. After seeking legal advice from KALC and          researching all the correspondence Gilly proposes that the Council should now agree to pay the rent.        Roy/Gilly have liaised with Mark Seed to gradually introduce the rent. The plan is to ‘wipe the slate     clean’ for any back dated rental demands and from 2011/12 pay £500 in the first year, £1000 in the          second year and £1500 in the third. Gilly will meet with MYFC and discuss with the view to them hopefully      agreeing to pay £500 rent 2011/12. Mike Roberts has also helped by negotiating a low rental from TDC.
            To bear in mind the PC may not receive an agency payment for the upkeep in the future.
 
10         MONKTON SURGERY
 
            To discuss Councillor’s views on holding a monthly surgery for the Villagers. The idea is that Villagers can             bring problems/issues to Councillors, rather than waiting for a PC Meeting. The Clerk and 1 or more        Councillor could be based at the Village Hall for say 2 hours per month at a set time. Members to agree a trial        run for the project. This may encourage interest for such projects as a Parish Plan/ Best Kept Village Comp.
 
11         A NEW COMMUNICATION TRIAL
 
            Gilly has proposed that the Members trial the following system. 
            As and when Members have an issue up for comment/discussion, this should be sent to the Clerk who will           put all matters out on 1 report. The idea is to cut down on e-mail traffic.      
           
12         FINANCIAL MATTERS
 
            (a) To note and agree receipts and payments as listed.  (Appendix C)
             (b) To agree the Agency & Precept Budget for 2011/12. (Appendix D)
            (c) The signatories at the bank need updating. To decide whether this should be done after
                  the elections this year.
            (d)  To discuss whether the Parish funds could be invested more effectively, this could be discussed
                   with the Bank when Member’s sign the new mandate.
                       
13         COMMITTEE REPRESENTATIVE REPORTS
           
            To receive any reports from representatives on: 
 
            Highways                                    Cllr Wade
            KAPC (Thanet)                            Cllr Wade                                             
            KIACC                                        Cllr Cole/Cllr Ms Brown
            Monkton School                          Cllr Mrs Butler
            Monkton Youth Football Club      Cllr Ms Brown
            Parish Council Forum                 Cllr Mrs Butler (December meeting cancelled)
            Parks and Environment               Cllr Ms Brown- checks on play area    
            Planning                                    Cllr Way
            Regeneration                              Cllr Wade
            Speedwatch/TRRG                     Cllr Way
            Village Hall Committee                Cllr Way/Cllr Mrs Butler
 
14         COUNCILLORS CHARLES HIBBERD AND MIKE ROBERTS
 
            To report as appropriate.
 
15         PLANNING
 
            There are currently no new or existing planning applications in Monkton.
          
16        DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
           
            To agree dates for the next year.
 
 
 
 
           ·