PARISH CLERK: Sara Archer, 204 Monkton St, Monkton, Ramsgate, Kent CT12 4JN
Tel:01843 821989 E: email@example.com
Monkton Parish Council
Minutes of the meeting held on 19 March 2012 at 6.30pm at Monkton Village Hall.
Present Parish Councillors John Way (Chairman) [JW], Nick Cole (Vice Chairman) [NC], Gilly Brown [GB], Graham Constable [GC], Tony Davies [TD]
In Attendance Sara Archer (Clerk/Responsible Finance Officer) [SA]
Any representations from members of the pubic were made before the meeting was opened.
64/11-12 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
65/11-12 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
66/11-12 MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
It was resolved to accept the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 16th January 2012. These were signed by the Chairman as a true record.
67/11-12 CHAIRMANS REPORT
– Cllr Way reported that a number of flytipping incidents had been reported to TDC, however, due to insufficient light caused from overhanging trees, they were unable to install CCTV. The issue of the overhanging trees is due to be addressed and the installation of the cameras will then be progressed.
Cllr Way also confirmed that he had met Mr Paul Valek from the Highways Department who was willing to discuss the current Highways issues and rectify the problems incurred.
– Thanks was given to all the Cllrs for their assistance throughout the year, which saw a number of strategies achieved including the resurfacing of the Recreation Ground Car Park, the successful winter gritting program which received positive feedback and appreciation from the Villagers, and grant funding secured for the improvements to the Under 5’s Playgroup.
– Further funding was in the process of being secured to aid the Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
68/11-12 COUNCILLORS REPORTS
– Cllr Way informed the meeting that the notice of appeal which had been submitted by 121 Monkton Street with regards to their planning application had been dismissed and no further appeal could be sought.
– A planning application had been submitted by 198 Monkton Street which proposed to build a dwelling attached to the existing property. A number of objections to the development were discussed, particularly the overdevelopment of the area and parking problems. It was noted that the application had referred to an ‘accommodation way’ at the rear of the property which was not in existence. It was agreed that a letter of objection was sent to the planning department outlining such concerns. Action SA
– Cllr Way explained that there is currently a shortfall in the funds for the Diamond Jubilee celebrations. It was proposed that the Parish Council subsidised the Jubilee Committee from their funds until the grant funding promised by Cllr Hibberd was secured, however, this proposal was not supported and Cllr Way would report the decision to the Jubilee Committee. Action JW
– Cllr Way had recently attended TAC and TRRG meetings and reported that in the absence of a designated village policeman, PC Darren Reid had been granted permission to maintain his patrol through the Village.
It was also reported that due to a recent incident at Birchington, their Parish Council had purchased a defibrillation unit. The possibility of purchasing a unit for the village was discussed and agreed that it currently would not be practical.
– Cllr Cole informed the meeting that the consultation period for the development of KIA had now passed and over 700 responses had been received. It was undecided how to progress with the proposal, however, KIACC had confirmed that the night flying limits would remain in force during the Olympics.
– Cllr Cole confirmed that the old aircraft which are dismantled and used for parts would be removed and the only one to remain would be that used for fire training.
– Cllr Brown reported that after attending a School Governors meeting, the School remained very concerned about the governments academy scheme.
– It was noted that a payment had recently been submitted to TDC for insurance of the Sports Pavillion at the Recreation Ground. It was proposed that this was investigated as previously the building was insured direct by MYFC. Action SA
– It was suggested that a letter of thanks was sent to Cllr Hibberd in appreciation for securing the grant funding for the Under 5’s Playgroup redecoration and installation of a central heating system.
– Responses were still awaited regarding the FIT application and lease payment for the Recreation Ground. Both issues would be chased further. Action SA
– Cllr Constable advised that Derek Smith had been contacted with regard to welding the fingerpost sign and repairs were underway. Discussion took place regarding the sign for the Church, however it was agreed that the Church should investigate placing a heritage sign alongside that of the Recreation Ground.
– In light of the recent ROSPA report at the Recreation Ground, it was proposed that Derek Smith was approached to provide a quote for completing the necessary works to the children’s play area.
– Cllr Constable also reported that the Secretary for MYFC had resigned.
69/11-12 FINANCIAL MATTERS
a) Receipts and Payments were agreed. Cheques signed as appropriate.
b) The quote from Serco regarding the gang mowing had been received and would be circulated for consideration. Action SA
70/11-12 CLERKS REPORT
The Clerks report had been circulated and read prior to the meeting.
– The Clerk confirmed she had attended the Clerk in Action training. Further dates will be obtained for Cllr Constable and Cllr Davies to attend the new Councillors training – ‘Dynamic Councillor’ as the previous date had been cancelled. Action SA
– Cllrs confirmed that their details could be updated on the Parish Council website.
71/11-12 DATE/TIME OF THE NEXT MEETING
The next meeting would be held on 14th May 2012 at 6:30pm in the Village Hall.
Future dates are as follows: 16th July, 24th September, 19th November and
14th January 2013
The meeting closed at approximately 19:40hrs.